Frequently Asked Questions

  • Where are can I work with a Western International English College Certification?

    Your certification becomes your ticket to the world. Europe, Asia, South and Central America, Africa and the Middle East are all popular places for graduates to go.

  • Do I need any qualifications to take the course?

    No qualifications are required provided that you are fluent in English.

  • Do I need a TESOL/TEFL certification to teach ESL abroad?

    There was a time when TESOL/TEFL qualifications were not required. This is no longer the case. Reputable schools and institutions now require a certification. This is also becoming more and more of a requirement of immigration as you apply for a visa. It is strongly suggested that you avoid any school that doesn't ask for a certification.

  • Do I need teaching experience?

    Absolutely not! Most people begin their teaching career starting as an ESL teacher.

  • Do I need a University or College Degree?

    No, reputable institutions in many countries require only a TESOL/TEFL certification and English fluency.

  • How long do I have to finish the course?

    You have an unlimited time to complete your course. Sometimes life gets in the way beyond your control. Your course will be there where you left off. Don't wait too long though, your adventure awaits.

  • When will I receive my certificate?

    As soon as you complete the course you will receive your certificate. Isn't technology wonderful?

  • Do I need to know how to speak the local language?

    This is not necessary at all. In fact, teaching ESL gives you an excellent opportunity to learn a new language. ESL is typically taught in an English immersion environment which means you will only be speaking English in the classroom.

Learn More

Our Support Team is always happy to help and to answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to sent us a note.